ArenaNet announced the first public Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event, which begins on Friday, April 27, at noon PDT (GMT-8) and ends on Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT-8).
How to get access to the First Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend?
- The only way to absolutely guarantee your access to this or any future Beta Weekend Events is to pre-purchase any edition of Guild Wars 2.
- Customers who have pre-purchased the game will receive an e-mail next week with instructions on how to download the client and participate in the Beta.
- This is a public event, which means that you’re not bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
What we can expect during the Beta Weekend Event?
- You can choose from three races: Charr, Human, and Norn
- You can create more than one character.
- You can try eight powerful professions.
- You can participate in World vs. World events, where three teams comprising hundreds of players wage open war across four vast maps.
- You can try PvP; the levels of PvP players are scaled so that all players are on equal footing.
- You can see Metropolis of Lion’s Arch.