Path of Fire, the upcoming expansion for Guild Wars 2, is going to be released this Friday, September 22nd. According to an FAQ post on the ArenaNet site, it’s going to go live at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (PDT). The post is filled with all sorts of great info about the expansion, but we’re only going to mention the bits that we think are the most important.
The World Tournament Series finals were scheduled to take place in Cologne, during Gamescom. The competition was fierce but one team managed to get ahead of others – The Abjured. They took home $25.000 and five Nvidia graphics cards, and their names will be written on the Pride trophy. Here’s the full list of winners, along with team member names.
- First place: The Abjured (Five Gauge, Phantaram, Nos, Wakkey, Magic Toker)
- Second place: Orange Logo (ROM, Denshee, Tage, Frae, Sindrener)
- Third place: The Civilized Gentlemen (Lord Helseth, Lypion, Zan, Texbi, Levin)
- Fourth place: GLHF (Nocturne, Larisense, November, Mr Time, Cain)
Good job everyone, and thanks for the entertainment.
Memebers of the ArenaNet team will be flying out to Cologne, Germany, to show off Heart of Thorns to the audience at Gamescom 2015. The new expansion will be on display at the Guild Wars 2 booth, where visitors will have the chance to try out the new content for themselves.
If you’re in Cologne on August 8th, you’ll also have the chance to watch the World Tournament Series finals, where four teams will fight for a piece of the $50.000 prize pool. There will be discussion panels each day, and you’ll be able to meet members of the development team. Most of it will be streamed via Twitch, so you can enjoy it even if you can’t visit.
The beta event weekends for the Heart of Thorns expansion are nearing. The first one will go on from August 7th to August 10th, and everyone who pre-purchased the upcoming expansion will get the chance to take a stroll on a new map, try out the new profession as well as the added specializations.
The beta will be available from noon PDT on Friday (3PM EDT/9PM CEST), until noon PDT on Monday. As expected, we won’t be getting access to everything – only a portion of the map, as well as the general content, will be on show, since the developers don’t want to spoil the experience for us. We’ll be able to use a new button to create a lvl 80 character complete with gear, so we can try out the revenant profession and the new elite specializations (chronomancer, dragon hunter, tempest and reaper).
The game will start with a big battle in Silverwastes that will lead you into the new area. You’ll get to see a jungle zone and a place called Verdant Brink – only 25% of the area will be accessible during the betas. You will also be able to take the newly made characters for a spin in the old lands, in all forms of play. Progress will transfer between betas, so you’ll be able to continue where you left off at the next event.
There’s good news even if you haven’t bought the expansion yet – the Stronghold PvP mode will be available to all players during the beta events. More info can be found on the official blog.
It was just announced at Pax South in San Antonio, Texas, that Guild Wars 2 is getting a full fledged Expansion pack called Heart of Thorns. Announcement was made by the co-founder Mike O’Brien and game director Colin Johanson during a Guild Wars 2 panel that was livestreamed in front of more than 65.000 viewers on Twitch. Here are the major points that were announced about the new expansion:
Check out the official Heart of Thorns announcement page here.
- Heart of Maguuma Jungle is where expansion takes place and where you fight Mordremoth
- There will be no raising the level cap – no gear treadmill
- New way of character progression called Masteries
- Jungle is a huge vertical space – you will have to master new skills and abilities to traverse the new zones
- New group challenges that will require you to master those new skills and abilities
- New profession specializations – customization of professions
- New guild support and new guild progression
- New challenges and achievement
- New Legendaries and precursors
- Brand new profession – The Revenant – Heavy armor
- New WvW Borderland map
- New PvP mode – Strongholds
- Guild halls
- Mastery system is account wide and all level 80 characters you have will have unlocked what you unlocked with the Mastery system
- Mastery points can be gained from single and group challenges, exploration, achievements and more
- Hand Glide ability can be gained through Mastery – flight for your character for better exploration of the jungle
- New civilizations and you can master their languages and access lore for those civilizations
- Mastery system will allow you learn new combat abilities as well
- Mastery system will allow you to build collections that will send you on a quest to get precursors for legendary weapons
- Help you grow your profession into something new
- Almost like a secondary profession
- Rangers will be able to master the abilities of a Druid. Rangers will be able to grow into a druid and get access to a new heal skill, new elite skill and new mechanic, if a Ranger decides to go for a druid specialization. Druid ranger will be able to use a staff,
- Necromancer specialization will allow Necros to use greatsword weapon
Here’s the official trailers.
PAX South is underway in San Antonio, Texas, this weekend and ArenaNet team has a few surprises in store for their fans. The attendees will have the opportunity to visit a Guild Wars 2 panel with co-founder Mike O’Brien and game director Colin Johanson, where the future of the game will be discussed. They will be joined by Jennifer Hale and popular personalities like AuroraPeachy, Bog Otter, Jebro, Chronick and “surprise guests”.
Those of us at home will be able to join in on a livestream on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/GuildWars2), starting with a pre-show at 10:00 a.m. CST (8:00 a.m. PST, 4:00 p.m. UTC). The stream will also offer a post-show commentary by MattVisual and WoodenPotatoes.
If you’re not interested in the show, there’s still ways to benefit from it – during the weekend, all players will be rewarded with double XP. Experience boosters will be sold with a 15% price cut, and the game itself will receive a generous 75% off sale on their website (http://buy.guildwars2.com).
Source: official website
According to Gaile Gray, ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead, during the Free Trial period, Trial Accounts will have several restrictions:
- Trial Accounts can send mail only to a player who has added the trial account holder to their friend list
- Trial Accounts can send whispers only to a player who has added the trial account holder to their friend list
- Trial Accounts cannot use map chat
Here are some other details about trial accounts, and how trial accounts work:
- Those playing on a trial account cannot sell items the Trading Post
- Trial Accounts will be limited to 2 character slots
- Trial Accounts will not have access to the Gem Store
- Trial accounts will not have access to the Currency Exchange
- Trial accounts will have access to Edge of the Mists but will not have access to World-versus-World
Also, FYI: there will be no guild restrictions in place, so your friend playing on a free trial account is welcome to join your guild and will be able to chat and play with you and your guild members.
From September 25th, for a limited time only, MMO fans can explore the world of Tyria and play Guild Wars 2 for free. The free trial begins at 12 a.m. PDT September 25, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT October 1, 2014.
We’ve opened up free trial account registration, so you can create an account now, download the game, and get ready to explore the world of Tyria on September 25!
If you participated in an earlier Guild Wars 2 free trial, you’re invited and your existing account will work for this trial too. Download the game now!
Have a question about the Guild Wars 2 free trial? Visit our Support Site.
David Ortiz, European Community Team Lead, posted on the official GW2 forum that the Twilight Arbor Story mode dungeon is under maintenance and will be unavailable until further notice.
The Twilight Arbor dungeon Story mode will be inaccessible until further notice due to maintenance operations.
Pick up a Frost Dye Pack for glacial blues and wintry teals, a Flame Dye Pack for ashen greys and fiery reds, and the Toxic Dye Pack for eerie purples and vivid greens. Act quickly: these packs cost just 125 gems apiece or 500 for five, and they’re only available through Sunday!