According to Gaile Gray, ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead, during the Free Trial period, Trial Accounts will have several restrictions:
- Trial Accounts can send mail only to a player who has added the trial account holder to their friend list
- Trial Accounts can send whispers only to a player who has added the trial account holder to their friend list
- Trial Accounts cannot use map chat
Here are some other details about trial accounts, and how trial accounts work:
- Those playing on a trial account cannot sell items the Trading Post
- Trial Accounts will be limited to 2 character slots
- Trial Accounts will not have access to the Gem Store
- Trial accounts will not have access to the Currency Exchange
- Trial accounts will have access to Edge of the Mists but will not have access to World-versus-World
Also, FYI: there will be no guild restrictions in place, so your friend playing on a free trial account is welcome to join your guild and will be able to chat and play with you and your guild members.
From September 25th, for a limited time only, MMO fans can explore the world of Tyria and play Guild Wars 2 for free. The free trial begins at 12 a.m. PDT September 25, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT October 1, 2014.
We’ve opened up free trial account registration, so you can create an account now, download the game, and get ready to explore the world of Tyria on September 25!
If you participated in an earlier Guild Wars 2 free trial, you’re invited and your existing account will work for this trial too. Download the game now!
Have a question about the Guild Wars 2 free trial? Visit our Support Site.
- Name: Prospect Valley Crash Site Climber
- Location: Northwest of Dry Top Entry Waypoint
- Zone: Dry Top
- Recommended level : 80
- Achievement type: General / Jumping Puzzles
- Puzzle Type: Jumping
- Duration: 5+ minutes
- Difficulty (Solo): Medium
- Prize: Achievement / Grand Chest
It has been quite a while since we updated GW2 Life. There are many excuses that we could make for this, but when Season 2 started and a whole new zone got added we figured there is no excuse for not returning to the game and checking out the new content. New zone is called Dry Top and you can reach it via a portal in western Brisban Wildlands. There are 19 new Points of interest, 4 skill points and 5 vistas to be discovered in this zone. We found locations of all of them and added the map of Dry Top along with guides on how to find each and every POI, vista and skill point (as you should be used to by now from our website). We also added locations and screenshot guides for various events found in the zone that help towards the Dry Top achievements. You can reach the new pages through the Interactive Maps menu drop down up on top of the website or by clicking here. There is a Jumping Puzzle in the new zone as well and we are working on the guide for it. You can expect to see it up on the website shortly.
David Ortiz, European Community Team Lead, posted on the official GW2 forum that the Twilight Arbor Story mode dungeon is under maintenance and will be unavailable until further notice.
The Twilight Arbor dungeon Story mode will be inaccessible until further notice due to maintenance operations.
Pick up a Frost Dye Pack for glacial blues and wintry teals, a Flame Dye Pack for ashen greys and fiery reds, and the Toxic Dye Pack for eerie purples and vivid greens. Act quickly: these packs cost just 125 gems apiece or 500 for five, and they’re only available through Sunday!
The Origins of Madness teaser is unveiled on the official Guild Wars 2 website. This is the first of four updates, which leads to the end of GW2′s Scarlet Briar story, but players who have missed previous living world content can jump right in. According to the latest interview with Colin Johanson, GW2 Game Director, and Meelad Sadat, the heroes of Tyria can expect the following updates:
- A permanent Great Jungle Wurm world boss with a regular spawn timer, that lives beneath Bloodtide Coast. The boss will regrow its multiple heads, if certain conditions for their destruction aren’t met. Participating in the fight against him grants you the progress through the story, and new rewards are waiting for those who manage to defeat it.
- The second part of the story takes place in Lornar’s Pass, where players encounter Twisted Marionette boss.
Johanson also confirmed that players will meet up with popular recurring characters Rox, Braham, Marjory, and Kasmeer in this update. A new character will also be joining them, and although his (or her) identity is still under wraps, we were told that the character is an Asura, has never appeared before in the story, and is a “very different sort of person.”
The latest GW2 game update announced for November 12th, introduces The Tower of Nightmares with new rewards, exclusive new looks, Nightmare Chamber instances, new achievements and much more.
The latest Blood and Madness game update introduced five new GW2 Halloween weapon skins for Greatsword, Longbow, Staff, Shield, and Sword. Unfortunately, this year a new backpack is not on the list. The skins can be obtained from Black Lion chest and each of them costs 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket.
Latest GW2 Patch Notes Blood and Madness unveils new Halloween story and the Blood and Madness meta-achievement. New content will be available from October 15 to November 11, including rewards and achievements. The patch also introduced new features and content like the inaugural WvW season, and new achievements, along with extremely long list of bug-fixing.