According to Matt Wuerffel, one of the game designers at ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2 team has prepared several changes to the achievements system.
In the upcoming release, a reward structure will be added to achievement points. As you complete achievements and increase your achievement score, you’ll unlock new, exclusive rewards for your account. Don’t worry – the system is retroactive! Every point that you’ve earned while adventuring across Tyria will count towards exciting rewards, including:
- Exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks – including Radiant armor, Hellfire armor, and the Zenith weapon set.
- Permanent account bonuses—permanent boosts to Magic Find, experience from kills, karma gain, and more. Earn achievement points on any character and get rewards for all of your characters.
- Currencies – gold, gems, karma, and laurels.
- PvP Rewards—skins and glory boosters.
- WvW Rewards—use Badges of Honor and siege blueprints to help push your server to victory.
- Utility Items—Instant Repair Canisters, Revive Orbs, powerful boosters, and more.
- Unique Titles—show off your dedication to your fellow players.
New User Interface
In addition to the new reward structure, we’ve revamped the achievements panel UI to make it easier than ever to dig into the achievements system. There are some big changes:
- Summary page—This page gives you quick access to all of the achievement skins you’ve unlocked, achievements you’ve recently completed, and your account bonuses.
- Details page—Use this page to drill down into individual achievements to find detailed objectives, point breakdowns, and other useful information like suggested locations and potential rewards.
- Watch list—Track up to 20 specific achievements in the Watch List panel and display the top six in the HUD.
- Category grouping—Achievement categories are now organized into groups to allow faster navigation and easier access to the information you want.