Getting Started Snowball Mayhem
Talk to the NPC Festive Lionguard near Mystic Forge in the Lion’s Arch. Once you enter the snow globe arena, select one of three rolls to play – Heavy Gunner, Support or Scout. Don’t worry you can switch the roles during the match. The match is over when the first team (blue or red) reaches 500 points. If you want to exit Snowball arena there is a exit icon near mini map.
All three rolls have five specific skills that are unique to them, and you choose a fresh role after every respawn. Here is a quick outline of the three choices: Heavy Gunner, Support or Scout.
Objective for Snowball Mayhem
The objective of Snowball Mayhem is to be the first team to 500 points. Points are scored by retrieving Wintersday gifts and returning them to your base. Bonus points are scored by defeating other players with unique snowball fight skills.
- Custom combat professions
- Custom profession-based utility skills
- Custom downed skills
Your weapon skills are determined by your choice of combat profession. You also have an additional utility skill that is based on your character’s open-world profession.
Supporters control areas of the battlefield and assist their allies.
- Throw Snowball: A quick, basic attack. Tracks your target.
- Healing Breeze: Heal yourself and allies in a cone in front of you. Allies gain regeneration.
- Icy Ground: Create a patch of slippery ice. Causes enemies to fall down.
- Ice Wall: Create a wall of ice that blocks enemies and projectiles. Allies can interact with the wall to pass through it.
- Snowroll: Roll around as a giant snowball and knock back enemies.
Heavy Gunners take and deal a lot of damage. They can only attack once they’ve drawn their weapon, which has the double effect of slowing them down and granting them passive health regeneration.
- Draw Rifle/Fire Snowball: Draw your gun and fire a basic snowball attack.
- Powder Spray: Fire a cone of snow that chills and damages enemies. It can also repair a supporter’s Ice Wall.
- Jump Shot: Use your snow rifle to blast yourself toward a targeted location.
- Overcharged Shot: Fire a giant, exploding snowball that launches enemies backward.
- Defensive Bubble: Create a bubble that knocks back enemies and deflects snowballs. You can still use Fire Snowball while using this skill.
Scouts are infiltrators and assassins. They are the fastest class and can use stealth. Additionally, the scout gets a damage bonus when hitting enemies from behind.
- Quick Shot: Fire a fast, basic snowball shot.
- Evasive Shot: Leap away from your target, evading damage, and launch a crippling snowball.
- Rapid Fire: Fire a barrage of snowballs at your foe. Snowballs have a better chance of hitting your target in close range.
- Sniper Shot: Charge up a long-range shot. The longer you charge, the farther and faster the snowball flies and the more damage it deals.
- Snowblind: Vanish in a puff of snow, blinding enemies and granting you stealth.
Summon Ice Elemental: Summon an ice elemental who follows you and fights with you.
Frostmark: Create a mark on the ground that causes a chain reaction of frost novas when triggered.
Clone: Summon a clone that wields the same weapon as you, even a Wintersday gift bundle.
Snowman Turret: Build a snowman turret that fights with you. Detonate the snowman for additional area damage.
Snowball Trap: Place a trap that launches a volley of snowballs toward its center when triggered.
Icewurm Venom Trap: Place a trap that freezes enemies in place when triggered.
Rush: Rush at your target and knock it down with a powerful kick. You will reflect snowballs while rushing.
Slingshot of Understanding: Summon a slingshot spirit weapon to fight with you. You can command the slingshot to fire a volley of snowballs at your target.
- Throw Snowball: Basic snowball attack.
- Icy Ground: Create a patch of icy ground around yourself, causing enemies to slip and fall.
- Freeze Beam: Channel a beam of cold energy at your target, freezing them in place.
There are also power-ups scattered around the map that can quickly turn the tide of a skirmish.
- Damage Boost: All of your attacks deal extra damage.
- Speed Boost: Your movement speed is increased.
- Piercing Shots: Your snowballs travel through targets, allowing you to hit multiple foes.
- Skill Recharge: Your weapon skills recharge faster.
- Health Regeneration: Your health is restored over time.