The hours may seem very long if you are waiting for the Wintersday patch. According to Anthony Ordon, ArenaNet’s Game Designer – there is no specific time when the Wintersday event will start:
The patch will go live sometime today, but I can’t provide a specific time. I apologize for the inconvenience.
The game update will arrive at sometime today, Pacific Time (which is the time zone in which our development studio is based). We do not have a specific time at which it will go live.
The first event which will occur at a specific time will happen tomorrow, December 15, per the schedule on the website.
What we know about Wintersday event so far:
- Any rewards tied to a specific day will be attainable when those days are available for replay at the end. Anthony Ordon
- You can be any level to participate in any of the main stage Wintersday content. And yes, there are both level-appropriate and level independent rewards.
- You have two weeks to claim the final reward. – Anthony Ordon
- You will have until January 3rd to enjoy the content. Regina Buenaobra
- I would not expect difficult combat challenges in holiday updates. The reception of including such content with the Halloween update was very poor. Anthony Ordon
- The transition of the airship departing and arriving is at 10 AM PST each day , but all of the actual content is available at-will, all day long. Antony Ordon